Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Soarin' and Surfin'

I am in love. The Bay Area is SO beautiful and life is good. We're living the dream. Last week my law firm took us for a helicopter flight over San Francisco. I already love the city because it is so vibrant and unique, but I have a whole new appreciation for its beauty now. This was only the second time I have ever been in a helicopter and it is crazy fun. It is like a roller coaster that doesn't stop. The helicopter actually flew underneath the Golden Gate Bridge, just 50 feet above the water! This is the view coming back out from under the bridge and turning to fly over it.
Here is a view of Alcatraz Island in front of the city.
And here is the city. It was quite a sight.
I don't have photos from Saturday but we got up early and went to Manresa beach with Ryan and Nikki to go surfing. After struggling with wetsuits (the most difficult and awkward part about surfing is just getting those things on - seriously!) we grabbed surfboards that Ryan and Nikki loaned us and went into the water. Nikki held my board steady and taught me how to paddle and told me which waves to go for and I got up on my very first try!! It was incredible. I loved it and I am hooked. Can't wait to go again.

4 comments:

  1. I love SF too! I have seen it by car, bike, boat, and trolly, but I have never seen it by helicopter. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did your body feel on Sunday? I hope that you didn't have too big of a bruise on your hip!! I had soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a bruise, but it wasn't terrible. You are the best teacher ever, Nikki. We'll have to go again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you two go everywhere. What fun! I'm glad your enjoying yourselves and I'm ober jealous that you got to ride in a helocopter.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...