Friday, February 20, 2009

Spelling bee

I made a list to take to the grocery store the other day. Paul was checking things off as we went down the aisle and once we got to the produce section, he sort of snorted and pointed out what he said was a misspelling. I belligerently replied that I hadn't spelled this word wrong and he stopped, looked at me, and asked, "Are you serious?" A flush crept over my face realizing that he was probably right as he started laughing, realizing that I really didn't know how to spell this word (and in truth, I don't struggle with spelling typically).
Sure enough, we got to the produce section and what I had always thought was spelled A-D-V-O-C-A-D-O is actually spelled A-V-O-C-A-D-O. Oh the shame.

2 comments:

  1. That is kind of funny. I can spell nothing right, I even call my mom to spell things for me so don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...