Sunday, February 12, 2017

Big Little Adventures for Little Girls

I'm still keeping up with my 365 project and feeling really grateful for it because as I review my pictures from the past week or so I feel so happy remembering these captured moments.  They are such little things, really - weeding and swimming lessons and playing at the park - but they are so big and important in our girls' lives.  

I picked up some bags of peony bulbs at Costco and the girls helped me weed the front flower bed so we could plant some bulbs.  We can't actually landscape our front of back yards yet since we are still working on hardscaping, but we have a few spots where I felt like I could at least plant a few flowers that should grow into good cutting flowers for bouquets later in the year.  At least, that's my hope.  And the girls seemed to enjoy helping with the weeding, or at least being outside and getting plenty dirty with me one day when we had a break in the rain.



Paul brought back a small cooler full of snow from Tahoe so that the girls could show it to the chickens.  The chickens were not impressed until I threw some mealworms on the snow so they would peck around it.


Swimming lessons are always a highlight of the week.  Rose recently started wearing goggles (we've tried them off and on in the past but she always rejected them - this time around she seems to finally appreciate them) and I think it's the cutest.  The girls lessons are in side-by-side lanes with Rose's class on the steps and Clara's class in the deeper lanes.  It's always so sweet to see them smiling and chatting with each other while their coaches are working with other classmates in the pool.


Our backyard has some terrible drainage problems and we have massive puddles that haven't disappeared even though we haven't had any rain in 3 or 4 days.  The girls love it though and just put their boots on so they can stomp through the muddy water.  Inevitably, one or both of them fall down and get soaked with filthy, muddy water and then require a bath.  I don't put a stop to it though because it just seems like such good, healthy kid behavior and I'm glad they are making those memories.  I just keep putting them in their oldest play clothes just in case I can't get the filth out in the laundry.


Rose is still in love with her Snow White dress up dress.  It got a pretty substantial tear the first day she wore it and then it took me a couple of weeks to get out the sewing machine and fix it.  When it was repaired, she was beyond thrilled and she comes to me every single day when she puts it on to thank me for fixing it for her and give me a big hug.  It's the sweetest.


Rainy days have meant lots of dress-up play indoors and looking out the window at all the water.


Rose loves going to Music Makers with her little friends each Wednesday.  We sing, dance, run, and do story and snack time.


I posted some of these on Instagram, but the other day I pushed the couch out of the living room so we had the entire floor for dancing.  The girls are obsessed with the Trolls, Moana, and La La Land soundtracks and have most of the songs memorized.




When the rain finally cleared, we took the girls to the park to take advantage of the nicer weather.  Somehow Clara and Paul started a wrestling match where she would try to tackle him around the waist and he would stick her foot between her legs to trip her up.  She would go down and laugh and laugh, then go right back to trying to tackle him.  Rose joined the fight and eventually the girls were able to bring daddy down together, then they climbed all over him, attempting to keep him pinned while he laughed and tried to get back up.





Another later afternoon, another bath after getting filthy in the muddy yards.



Not an amazing picture or anything but man alive we have had some beautiful sunrises here recently.  Each weekend the girls come climb in our bed to have family snuggles on Saturday morning while Paul is home and we always enjoy seeing the clouds turn pink and orange and gold.  It's too bad we have telephone poles and electric wires marring our views.


And that's pretty much what's been happening in our neck of the woods the past week!

1 comment:

  1. Your girls are so adorable. Makes me homesick to have my girls little again. You are doing the right thing by making all of these fun memories. You, yourself will be thinking of them so much as you all get older.
    You are such good parents and it makes my heart sing.
    Sonnie Jones

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...