Sunday, March 26, 2017

Day in the Life: Tuesday, February 28, 2017

My second attempt at a Day in the Life kept getting postponed until it was the last day of February.  And it's not my best effort, which is too bad.  March is shaping up to be the same way.  But even though I didn't remember to take as many photographs as I intended and none of them are as artistic and creative as I would like, I still love many of the images I got for the day, so here they are.

7:00 a.m.:  Eating breakfast.  Rose loves milk (really any beverage) and will drink and drink and drink and not eat.  The little rascal.  So she always gets a small cup to start and then has to wait until she has had at least half of her meal before she gets more, otherwise she just fills up on liquid.


7:45 a.m.:  While I got ready for the day, Rose played with her bunny and blanket on the floor in our room.  


8:30 a.m.:  Dropping Clara off at Kindergarten.  I just cannot believe how big she is getting.



9:00 a.m.:  Back at home and taking care of business.  Rose is getting so big too.


10:30 a.m.:  We were planning to replace the back patio concrete and ended up deciding to redo the side walkway, driveway, and front walkway as well.  So this was the state of our driveway all broken up into pieces and ready to be transferred to trucks and hauled away.  It was a big project but we are pretty happy with the results.  We won't be able to drive on it for a few more weeks still (we are waiting for the cement to cure completely before we stain it a darker color) but we went with a stamped design that looks nice, I think.


12:30 p.m.:  Picking Clara up from school.  I lost track of time at the house doing blog related stuff while Rose played next to me and didn't think to pick up my camera.

I love that she still holds my hand.  Every single day.  Both girls do this and it melts my heart.  Also, the blossoms around here have been just gorgeous this year and I am glad I finally had my camera out to take photographs of one particular tree at the school with thousands of pink blossoms that we have been admiring for weeks.




1:00 p.m.:  Lunch at Mr. Pickles with the girls.  It's right next to Nothing Bundt Cakes and the animal feed store where we get chicken food.  It's an eclectic little strip mall but we always stop in each of the three stores whenever we are here.



2:30 p.m.:  At home working on homework.  She gets a small packet of it each week and has to turn it in on Thursdays.  She grumbles about it every now and then but for the most part gets to work and enjoys doing it.



4:30 p.m.:  Waiting for gymnastics to start and watching a movie on the iPad with her friend Logan.


6:15 p.m:  Paul got home earlier than usual and we ate dinner later than usual (Tuesdays are always harder since gymnastics goes until 5:30 and then we have to get home and make dinner).  We are working with Rose on her manners but when she DOES decide to eat, she has a tendency to shovel things into her mouth.


And that was it.  Unlike my first DITL, I didn't break out the tripod once.  And once the girls were in bed for the night I felt totally spent and didn't pick the camera up again.  Hopefully March will be better!

1 comment:

  1. Clara looks so grown up and tall! I think the short haircut makes her look older too. I am excited about your concrete and stamped driveway! Looking forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...