Sunday, April 16, 2017

Day in the Life - March 2017

Oh dear, this DITL project is not going as well as I would like.  March ended up being another last-day-of-the-month situation where I still hadn't completed it and had to take what I could get.  I actually tried shooting the DITL earlier in the month and only made it partway through the day before things got hectic and I just forgot about finishing.  

Regardless, here are a few pictures from March 31, 2017.

7:15 a.m.:  Breakfast with Grandpa Nash who was out here for work.  Seems like he has been out here almost once a month but because he is working so much we rarely see him.  Mostly just for a breakfast or evening, since the rest of the time he is down in San Jose.


8:30 a.m.:  School drop off.  After Clara went into her classroom, Rose and I were walking back to the car when Rose (who had her toy phone) decided to "take pictures" of the flag.  



9:30 a.m.:  Time to hit the gym.  But first I had to take a few pictures of Rosie in the parking lot.



12:00 p.m.-ish:  Getting a little iPad time before it was time to go pick up Clara from school.


1:30 p.m.:  I don't have any pictures from lunch of after school because both girls were melting down and it was all I could do just to get them fed without tears.  I finally put them both down for naps (neither of them typically nap anymore) thinking that they wouldn't fall asleep but they just needed some space and quiet for a few minutes.  Lo and behold, both girls conked out within minutes and I ended up with a rare hour of quiet to work on projects uninterrupted.




2:45 p.m.:  Sadly, I had a follow-up appointment with an optamologist about the retinal tuft in my right eye that my regular eye doctor had noticed during my regular annual exam so I had to finally wake the girls up from their naps.  You can see how Clara felt about that in this shot while we were waiting for my eyes to dilate (so uncomfortable, btw.).


3:45 p.m.:  Soft serve chocolate & vanilla swirl ice cream cones from Meadowlark Dairy, which Clara calls "Cows Make Ice Cream" in downtown Pleasanton as a reward/pick-me-up for being patient during my eye exam.  It was a gorgeous spring day and there was actually a long line for ice cream and lots of other people with the same idea as us hanging out in the park across the road, licking their ice cream and soaking up the sunshine.


4:45 p.m.:  Paul got home early so he could go find a mattress to replace the one we had stolen from the trundle bed when we put Rose's big girl bed in her room.  Since we knew we had visitors coming for Spring Break, we had to get another twin size mattress so we had something for them to sleep on!  Rose made sure to break it in properly, but it turns out this didn't fit underneath the bed frame so this mattress is now on Rose's bed and the mattress that was previously the trundle bed mattress was returned to its original spot.


5:30 p.m.:  Dinnertime.  So nice that Paul was home to have dinner with us because this usually only happens on the weekends.


And that's where I stopped taking photos for the day.  Womp-womp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn...