Friday, March 27, 2009

Barrister's Ball

I love these photos that my friend and teammate from Moot Court, Liz, took at the Barrister's Ball (a.k.a. Law School Prom) on Wednesday. She took them in full color, but I adore how they look in sepia tones, circa 1928 - it just matches the historic setting in the old Brigham Young Academy building. I can easily imagine Tommy Dorsey or Glen Miller leading their bands off to the side while we danced.


After the banquet and awards ceremony, the floor was cleared for dancing. Cha-cha lessons were provided by members of the world-renowned BYU ballroom dance team (of which I was once a member, albeit of the lowliest rank, for two semesters prior to serving a mission for my church). Paul and I had fun trying to help our friends Adam (the other member of my Moot Court team) and his wife Diana figure out the footwork and rhythm of the cha-cha.


Two, three, cha-cha-cha .... Two, three, cha-cha-cha.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had so much fun! I wish Chad and I would've thought to have gone to that. I'm excited that we know about your blog now! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. You are making me jealous. Could there be anything more fun than a night of dancing?
    -Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sepia effect. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...