than work on my substantial writing option paper:
1. Sweep and mop the kitchen floor.
2. Watch basketball.
3. Catch up on ironing.
4. Wash dishes by hand.
5. Outline all of my classes.
6. Start an early bar-study program.
7. Whiten my teeth.
8. Balance my checkbook.
9. Listen to 1Ls make the same oral arguments I have heard hundreds of times in the last three years.
10. Go to bed before 9:00 pm. Without dessert.
Its only a 30 page paper, but I really, really, REALLY don't want to write it. When I was little (and lets face it - this happens even now that I am 28), my mother often told me that if I would stop whining about chores and just do them already, that they would already have been finished. I am telling myself that now, but like when I was little, its just making me frustrated. Sometimes I am not very good at admitting that other people are right.