Saturday, May 16, 2015

Yosemite in Spring

Back in early April (I know - I have been slacking on blogging lately) we did a quick little weekend getaway to Yosemite.  Paul and I did an April Yosemite trip before the girls were born and loved it so it was fun doing it again.  We were lucky to get a room at the lodge.  The girls had fun checking in at the kids' station and getting coloring pages and crayons to keep them busy while Paul was sorting out the room situation.
 


Since we were only staying one night, we got right to work unloading the bikes and heading out to explore.


We did the Yosemite Fall hike first.  The falls at Yosemite are usually bone-dry in October when we go, so it was fun seeing them flowing in the spring.  We took things slow, letting the girls climb on logs and rocks and just being outside together.


 






We had spent the previous few weekends hiking with the girls on Saturdays to get them prepared for Yosemite and it worked pretty well.  There wasn't one complaint out of either girl the entire day, despite lots of walking and Rose only getting a short nap while riding in her seat on my bike. 



 
What I don't remember from our previous spring visit was seeing so many blossoms.  We hit things just right because all of the dogwoods were in bloom and it provided for some beautiful photos and vistas.
 



We stopped by the river to throw rocks and Rose was fast asleep.  I carried her down and sat on a rock while Paul and Clara were wading.  My arm was killing after no time at all because Rose is built like a little tank.  But oh how I love when she does this - I know there won't be too many more times that she will fall asleep on me like this.





We spent part of the afternoon just relaxing behind the Ahwahnee hotel, playing on the lawn and enjoying some treats.  I ordered a Shirley Temple, which was amazingly good - I maybe have a soda 2 or 3 times a year, but when I do I make it count.  Rose is clearly a fan of Shirley Temple's too - I had to wrestle it away from her to stop her from sucking down the whole thing.



We had dinner at the Curry Village pizza parlor that evening and rocked on the chairs.  I probably say this every time I write about Yosemite but this is one of my favorite spots in the park.



And those are all the photos I have of our trip!  We rode the bus back to the lodge - the girls loved the buses - and Paul took Clara on a night hike while I put Rose to sleep for the night.  The next morning we had a lovely breakfast at the lodge and did the hike to Bridal Veil Falls, which we had never done before.  But it had been a long night because Rose kept waking up and so we left the park pretty early and headed for home so the girls could take naps in the car, which they did for most of the drive.  It was a lovely trip and I am already looking forward to going again in October.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that looks like it was such a beautiful trip! I do envy you your closeness to Yosemite. And you look totally gorgeous in that shot of you holding Rose.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...