Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yoga

I am one of the least flexible people on this planet (in more than one aspect of life, let's face it), but I still love Yoga. Sometimes I take myself through poses and stretches on my own as best I know how, and other times I go to classes to feed off the energy and vibes of twenty or thirty other people. Yoga helps me maintain what little flexibility I do have, in addition to being healthful for the spirit. The focus on muscle, breath, heart and mind in meditation is incredibly powerful, almost magical, and I always, always am glad that I took the time to slow down and regain balance in the otherwise crazy-hectic life I choose to live.

I just realized that tonight I have to miss Yoga class because of a Moot Court training I am helping with at the Law School. Namaste.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Amy, are you really doing yoga in those beautiful surroundings? I love yoga too, but unfortunately haven't done it for awhile. I used to take a class at BYU with an amazing teacher named Deni. I am so jealous of you!(Maren)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yoga! We definitely will have to go to class together when you move back out here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally prefer to go with friends. Once I get back to the Bay Area, I am definitely up for going together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, saw your link through Aprilynne. What a beautiful spot just to BE in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I don't know that I identified this location as the UNESCO World Heritage Site above Grindelwald in the Swiss Alps. It was one of the most gorgeous places I have ever been in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...