Monday, October 12, 2009

First Class

So even though we had this really crappy time sleeping in the airport in Greece, I somehow convinced myself that it was no big deal and booked flights to Peru that put us in Lima at 11:30 pm and leaving for Cusco at 5:40 am. Nice. We actually got some decent sleep though on these cushy benches without armrests that made it so we could stretch out for about 3 1/2 hours. And the Lima airport rocks btw - so clean, so many awesome food places and shops, nice people.

And then to top it all off, when we got on our plane, turns out we had somehow booked 1st class tickets, which is weird because the tickets were only about $100 pp which didn´t seem too bad. Neither of us had ever flown first class before, so we were pumped. Only Paul wasn´t so pumped because he fell asleep almost immediately and missed out on all the good pineapple, watermelon, croissants, and orange juice that the flight attendant brought for breakfast. I loved not having some gross overweight smelly guy encroach on my arm and foot space because I apparently don´t need it and he does. I know that´s harsh, but that is what I dealt with from Mexico City to Lima and it was no fun.

In other news, Peru rocks my world. There are tons of really interesting markets and people. Traditional dress is still pretty commonplace, which I adore. I´m trying to get Paul to take lots of photos of other people this trip so that you can see some of the cool clothes. And on the menu at the restaurant we ate at tonight was alpaca or guinea pig. I said no for now, but I´m thinking about going for it later in the week. Any of you have guinea pigs as pets growing up?

3 comments:

  1. Hey! It was so great to see you guys the other night!! Your laptop made it safe and sound in my car and in our house! See you when you get back! Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Espero que practicas tu espanol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Amy - what an incredible trip! Your pictures are amazing! One day I'll see all those things too...

    Speaking of pictures - do you & Paul hire out to do family portraits? I won't be offended if you say no - photographing a family with three small boys is probably a photographers nightmare! I just always love your photos on here - so I thought of you guys as I've been trying to plan a photo shoot. Anyway, email me: rebecca35@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...