Thursday, December 17, 2009

Niece

Okay, so I am a little behind on posting about this, but I really wanted to wait until I actually saw the little tyke first and got to hold her.  My sister Jennie gave birth to her little girl Emma on December 8th.  She is the first grandchild and the first niece in my family.  Emma was born at 5:06 am and weighed 7 lbs, 4 oz. and was 19 inches long.  She is a tiny little thing.  You can see more photos of her at Jennie and Ryan's blog, Horne Happenings.  But these are the ones that we took the other day as a preliminary kind of a photo shoot.  I really need to practice more on Emma though to figure out how to photograph a newborn. 


One of Emma's eyes is still a little swollen so she gets a funny little squint going that is really funny.  But sometimes she can open both eyes all the way. 



Emma with her Aunt Jessica who absolutely adores her.  Jessica said that she is going to teach Emma how to swim and how to speak Spanish.  She said that I get to teach her to litigate.  Obviously, Jessica is already vying for favorite aunt.  Jessica wants to be called Tia Jessica instead of Aunt.


Emma with her Aunt Amy. 




Looks to me like she is going in for a little snack here.  Sorry Emma-girl, better see your mama. 


She really is a sweet little thing.  I love how she grunts with her entire body and sometimes gets cute little hiccups.  She has the cutest yawns.  Jennie says that she is a really good little baby and doesn't fuss much except for at night and even that has been getting better.  Her feet are teeny-tiny.  We think that she has Ryan Horne's lips and chin but she definitely has Jennie's strawberry blonde hair, even though she doesn't have much of it yet. 



She loves to scrunch up her little legs underneath herself and keeps pulling her arms out of her sleeves so she can hold them closer to her body.


Mama hard at work.



We love you Emma!

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! I forgot how small they start out. Newborns are amazing. Congrats, Aunt Amy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! She is darling! so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Newborns are so tiny. I'll be honest, I don't like newborns. With both my babes, I didn't really start to like them until they were about eight weeks old. I'm weird, I know.

    By the way, you look fabulous in your green sweater holding your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! She's so cute! Congratulations! Also, feel free to come photograph my babies - newborns are impossible to take pictures of and you got some great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meagan, I would LOVE to take photos of your kids! That would be so fun. The problem is that you are in Oklahoma... Unless you are going to be in Utah at all over Christmas, in which case, you should seriously call me immediately because I would love to get together!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...