Sunday, September 26, 2010

Busy doing nothing

I really wanted to blog this weekend. 

All last week I looked forward to it.  While driving home from work I would think to myself about blogging and how fun it would be.  Not that I had much in particular to say.  But I find that blogging is sort of therapeutic for me.  Don't judge me for being totally nerdy about this please.  I just enjoy the exercise of writing something that I want to write without feeling like it is "work product".  I don't consider myself a writer or anything, but I wish I was.  It is not that I treat our blog as a kind of journal, because I don't.  But in a way, I guess I kind of do even if I don't write the same stuff in the same way that I would write it in my journal which I don't keep.

And here it is, 10:30 on Sunday night and I am exhausted after a much-too-busy weekend, I still haven't watched "The Amazing Race", and I have to be up early tomorrow for a big day at work.  It was one of those weekends where a lot happened and nothing happened.  I had to attend a lunch in Oakland where I was honored for doing pro bono work - nice and all but I found myself wishing I could just be at home enjoying my Saturday.  I went to the Relief Society dinner and broadcast, which was great and don't think I'm a bad person for saying this, but I really wanted to go out to a movie with Paul (although really I'm SO glad I went to the broadcast - it was wonderful and just what I needed). 

I didn't wash my car.  I didn't go shopping at the outlets at Gilroy.  I did, however, have an awesome time with friends eating dinner, going for a walk, and playing games tonight.  I guess it is time now to brush my teeth and put the weekend to bed.

At least now I have blogged.

1 comment:

  1. totally understand exactly what you are talking about. it's frustrating having days/weekend where you do stuff, but you still don't feel like you really did anything cause it wasn't the stuff you wanted to do. i feel you.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...