Paul asked me what I did during the day while he was at work to celebrate my birthday and I told him that I did the following:
- sorted and washed two loads of laundry
- folded and put away four loads of laundry (I never got around to the folding part last week after Hawaii before we left for Yosemite)
- swept the floors
- washed dishes
- went through the pile of mail that had been building up
- cleared clutter off kitchen table and counters
- disinfected entire kitchen
- ran to the store for formula and baby food
- sanitized all of Clara's bottles
- vacuumed living room rug
- finished a big project that I have been working on (and will be blogging about soon) and put away all scrapbooking materials used in said project
- made beds (guest bedroom was still torn apart from Paul's parents' visit)
"You sound like Cinderella," Paul told me.
But I did exactly what I had wanted to do. Seriously, after crazy and hectic traveling and coming home to a disaster of a house, all I wanted was to do some serious cleaning and it made me so happy to tidy things up around our little castle. It was SUCH a wonderful birthday. Hooray for 31!