Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I just got back from getting my hair cut and I'm feeling a little depressed.  I remember when I was younger the stylist would often comment about how smooth, thick, and good-looking my hair was.  Today I was asked if I had considered using special "anti-thinning/hair loss" shampoo.  And it wasn't the first time I've been so advised.  I'm trying to talk Amy into letting me just shave it all off and embrace my baldness, but she won't give in.  I keep telling her its only a matter of time at this point.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like me 5 years ago. Better to embrace it sooner than later when you're a delusional baldy with a comb over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you don't have to embrace it by shaving what you have left, but you should at least accept it by not getting a hairpiece or switching to a comb-over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you should bic it yet. I think you should go to the in betweener stage. Shave it short so it's close to the scalp but I wouldn't go to razor stage yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you have any doubts about not shaving it, I'll take a pic of my brother in law Mike for you (after he shaves it). Way better with the thinning hair than shaved! BTW - I haven't noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nikki for providing a voice of reason! Paul has GREAT hair and I know he won't shave it because he knows that it would break my little heart. I don't even know what he's talking about with this hair loss nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I can't believe you would suggest that all of our comments haven't been reasonable. On an unrelated note, I've decided to change my mind. Baldness is inevitable, and a shaved head does look pretty awesome, Paul. From bikers and rap stars to general authorities, it's definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...