Sunday, September 2, 2012

Automobile Envy

My husband is obsessed with minivans.  He is always like, "Ooooh, did you just see that sweet Odyssey?" or "Wow, that Sienna is so nice."  He is constantly looking at them online and telling me about all the sexy details like stow-and-go seating or automatic sliding doors.  The other day he actually got home from work and dragged me and Clara over to the car dealership with him to look at the Odyssey.
 
 
I sort of don't know what to do about him.  We certainly don't need a minivan right now and I like zipping around town in our efficient little Civic.  And when I am dreaming about cars, I frankly dream more about the kind of machine that Bond drives.  You know, Daniel Craig Bond.  In a tux.  In an Aston Martin. 
 

Oh baby, now THAT is a car.

*Disclaimer - I know that one day I will be driving a minivan around (like every mom in America) and I am sure that I will be fine with that.  Or mostly fine with that.  But that day is not today and I am okay with that. 

3 comments:

  1. Our husbands must be brothers. Mine always makes me look at family cars online, too, and points out why they would be awesome. Only Dave's are all beat-up shells of old station wagons like a Nash Rambler or a Chevy Nomad that he wants to restore for our "practical" family car. I think it's hilarious that Paul is so eager for a minivan though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious. When the day to purchase a van comes, make sure to get Paul a velor track suit to go with the minivan he so badly wants.
    And I am right there with you on the Aston Martin. Oh baby that is a sexy car.

    ReplyDelete

Your turn...