- I've been running fifteen miles a week for the past 3 weeks now (3 miles a day, 5 days each week, 6.0 mph pace on the treadmill at the YMCA). With that kind of calorie loss, I might actually lose weight if I would stop eating ice cream and oreos.
- Clara has turned out to be a very vocal child. She talks all the time and it is the best sound ever. She has also rolled over accidentally twice but is getting really good at rolling from her back to her side so pretty soon here I am thinking that she will start rolling over on purpose.
- Paul has been combatting weeds and stumps in our backyard when he isn't at work. He has now been at his law firm for about 3 months and has settled in well.
- I am obsessed with coming up with the perfect Halloween costumes and unfortunately feel like I am failing. My favorite idea was Little Red Riding Hood (Clara) with the Big Bad Wolf (Paul) and Grandma (me), but I couldn't find any wolf costumes for Paul that weren't either completely ridiculous or so frightening that Clara wouldn't recognize him.
- The power went out the other night in our neighborhood and Clara woke up crying because her nightlight was off. I was grateful for the emergency flashlight/nightlight that Paul's mom gave us because it meant I had something right there in her room to use to see her since it was pitch black.
- My sister Jessica gets home from her mission on August 19th. Clara and I are flying to Utah to see her and the rest of my family. Clara will finally get to meet both her aunts and her cousin Emma and I am really excited. Paul is staying behind to work.
- Clara's clothes are shrinking. I don't know why she can't wear 0-3 month sizes anymore. Stop growing girl, seriously. You are only 2 1/2 months old.
- The diapers with the wetness indicator are seriously better than the diapers without the indicator.
- I abandoned the 4 oz. bottles and moved up to the 8 oz. bottles just last night. Clara usually takes around 5 oz. at a time.
- Clara and I went to the Farmer's Market last night and bought pluots (cross between a plum and an apricot I think), yellow peaches, and eggplant pesto. The guy I bought the eggplant pesto from threw in a package of pocket bread for free because he thought I was cute I guess.
- I was using Clinique sunscreen on my face last week and it caused a major allergic reaction resulting in lots of bumps on my face and even some sores that are just now starting to heal. I look awful and can't even cover it all up with makeup because I don't know how to use cover-up very well since I have never had to deal with pimples much.
- I'm listening to "The Omnivore's Dilemma" on audiobook and it is kind of freaking me out about the food I eat.
- We paid off our car loan and it feels amazing to retire a debt even if we are just turning around and putting that same monthly payment onto our student loans.
- The other day I had my first experience of a stranger telling me that Clara looks "just like" me.
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Life in bullet points and a video
Here is what is going on in our lives right now: